Sunday, March 3, 2013

Swimming, the Exercise I Love!


SWIMMING-THE EXERCISE I LOVE
************************************
A fine sunny day, burgers  to eat, cold ice creams to lick and especially plunging into the swimming pool! How I love that!

Swimming is my favorite exercise. I enjoy it so much its not even like I am exercising! The races,diving everything just takes me into another world.

Now,I laugh when I think of my old days,when I was small and scared stiff of swimming.I had learnt swimming at a  certain place,but even after that I was scared of swimming.I liked the water and everything,but I was not going to do a full stretch from one end of the pool to the other end.This was because I was scared I might drown in the middle. So mostly I just held the wall and came to the deep end.I never swam and came.

Now,remember how I said that I had learnt swimming at a certain place?There I had only learnt the basics.Keep that in mind . I'll come to that later.

Anyway ,as I was saying,I would not do a full stretch . Now I actually think that how I was able to live without doing that!Okay,back to the point.I don't want to rush over things.Lets take this a bit slow,shall we? Now , as I was saying,I never did much come to the deep end.My father used to threaten me that he would throw me off the deep end.I used to get scared.

Another day at the pool,I was at the deep end(after a great deal of coaxing,okay!).My father was like"You can do it Roshni,you can!",he said.I thought"Okay, let me give it a try."

I pushed my leg off the wall and began to swim.As I was swimming,I noticed that I had forgotten my fear.Amazing what a bit of swimming can do to you,I thought!I swam till the shallow end and my father shouted"Well done,Well done!"

That one stretch changed my complete thought of swimming.The new thought was completely different.It was the beggining of a whole new swimming career.It was the birth of my love of swimming.

Later , in 2012, I learnt the rest of the strokes and diving . Now I am very good at swimming and actually ask my father and sister to throw me off the deep end! 

I think,swimming is a wonderful thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment