Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Four Js on Lightning Cove

WHERE IS JO?

Do you remember me still, guys? It's me,Jade! I am going to tell you about the 4J's' second adventure.

"Wow!The lightning is marvellous!",said Jack.

"And just listen to that thunder!Honestly,I think the gods are angry!",said John.

"How do you make that out?,I asked in wonder.

"Because if they weren't,they woudn't be stamping the floors of heaven like this!",laughed John.

"Oh!",I said."You'll always be an idiot!Isn't that right Jo? Jo?"

A silence fell.Where was Jo?She had been with them till then,with a young boy named Scotty.Then he had to go and Jo went to wave him off.Surely it couldn't take so much time to come back?

"Auntie Bess!Do you know where Jo is?",asked John,to Jo's mother.

"No,John dear!",she called back."Why,is she gone?

"Well , she is certainly not here", I said.

"Oh no!",Jo's mother exclaimed."Could you look about, for her?I am so busy."

"Don't worry, Auntie Bess",I said gently."We will find her.

We looked about , but there was no Jo. Then,through the cat door,running,came Jerry!

"Jerry!Old boy,where is your mistress , Jo!",Jack asked anxiously.

"Woof Woof!",as if to say"Come on! I will show you!"

We all put on our raincoats and mackintoshes.We pulled on our gumboots and put on warm coats.We even took our small umbrellas .We took one of Jo's favourite caps and gave it to Jerry.

"Find,Jerry!Lead us to Jo.",said John.

Jerry sniffed at the cap and began to walk slowly,for he knew that we wouldn't be able to keep up with him. He began to walk due east.Then he came to a place.

"Lightning Cove!",shuddered Jack."Why would Jo come here?"

We followed Jerry,anyhow.He kept walking until we came to one of the worst places of Lightning Cove.It was a place filled with sharp rocks.Anybody who came there always
had hundreds of bruises or fractures.

As we cautiously walked down,we heard a faint voice.

"Help!Somebody please help!!"

End of part one.






FINDING JO

"Heard that!It is somebody calling for help!Lets go and help him.",I said.

We walked down the sharp rocks.Cautious as we were,we did get a few bruises here and there.But they didn't pain much.

Gradually as we went further,the call became louder,and we saw the victim.It was Jo!

"It's Jo!",I shuddered,blinking away tears,for I was so shocked to see her situation.She had a big bruise on both of her legs,and her arm was badly hurt.Her face also had bruises,and altogether she was covered in blood.

"Lets go to her quickly!She needs us now.",said John.

We went further.Soon we could see Jo quite clearly,and we were so shocked.

"Jo!",I said to her gently,as I did not want to jar her aching head."What are you doing here?"

"No time to ask her that now.",said Jack."Come on!I think we can take her home between us."

We were able to cross that place but that was all.Jo kept on slipping as she was half unconcious,giving us frights.Finally we were too tired and I took Jo to a warm place beneath a few bushes.There was a lot of heather there.John and Jack soon  made it into a little bed.There was a little stream nearby,for this was the only place in Lightning Cove which was good enough to stay in.We got a little water and gave it to Jo.The boys also took some more water and washed away all the blood from her bruises and made leaf bandages.I said I would take care of Jo,while the boys went to get a few fruits and nuts and firewood out of which we could make some broth and drink,for we were all tired.

"We had better take Jo to a little cave me and John saw while coming back,"said Jack,as he and John kept down the things.

"Should we tell Auntie Bess?",I asked.

"No.",said John."It would worry her so much.By tomorrow I presume Jo will be a bit better and can walk back home.Then we can also know her story."

I nodded and began to collect the heather bed and the fruits , nuts and firewood in my hands to go the cave.Between them the boys walked Jo.We came to the cave.It even had a door.I quickly arranged the heather bed and the boys lay Jo down.They began to make a little fire and I began to make the broth.

After I finished,the boys had also roughly made a few wooden bowls and spoons.I gently awoke Jo.She woke up.

"Jo?We are not asking anything",I said."You must be hungry.I have made some broth.Just come and eat it."

"Thanks,Jade.",she said in a faint voice."I am very hungry.

The broth was delicious.There were also a few nuts here and there and the fruits which were blended into the broth were also delicious.

After we finished eating,Jo went to the heather bed and lay down.She fell asleep.

"We had better make  a few beds for ourselves too,right?",said John."Jade , be a dear and go get some heather.It is just outside."

I went and got the heather.We made some beds.Then we went to sleep,snuggling down into the heather.

At the first stroke of sunlight the next day I woke up.I opened the door of the cave.I went and got some fruits and nuts. I made the same broth which I had made yesterday,and also some delicious salad into which I put a piece of blended fruit at the corners.

Nobody woke up.So I went out into the woods and found some sturdy pieces of wood and put my woodwork lessons to use.

I made a little wheelchair!It was roughly made,but it was good and sturdy.I knew that Jo wouldn't be able to walk in her state.

As I had already had breakfast I figured that the others would know I went somewhere,and eat by themselves.So I thought I would paint the wheelchair with the juice from the fruits!So I did.It looked beautiful when I finished.

"Auntie Bess won't have to buy a wheelchair for Jo now",I said to myself.

I wheeled the chair to the cave.The others were up,eating breakfast,and they were so astonished to see the wheelchair."Jade!",exclaimed Jo."It is so beautiful!Many,many thanks!"

"Oh thats nothing,"I said,my face flushed."I'm happy to know that I could do something for you."

"Ok now",said John."I called Auntie Bess now and told her the latest news.She says she told us to come quickly.So lets move."

And we did.We collected our things and took turns at wheeling Jo.She was feeling a bit better now but couldn't walk and her bruises were still painful.We finally reached home and Auntie Bess was glad to see us.

"Hie Auntie Bess!We're home,and here is poor Jo!"

End of part two.


JO'S STORY-BACK TO LIGHTNING COVE

"Ok now Jo,",said Jack,after they had settled down."We need your story.Why did you go to Lightning Cove?"

Jo took a deep breath and said"You all know that I went to wave off Scotty.After that,I saw a curious light.I followed it.It took me straight towards Lightning Cove.Nevertheless,I was stupid enough to follow that stupid light.Then some people caught me and tied me to a tree.But then there was this guy who was really cruel and threw me in the sharp rock place from the top.Then I sent Jerry for you guys.I was so stupid.But I do think that those men had something to do with the four robberies which occurred this month!Maybe it is a mystery for the 4J's!

"Oh don't be so excited,",said Auntie Bess."You worried me to death when John gave me the news!"

Jo said"I am a bit better right now.But I do want to catch those guys.It will be like the 4J's saved the day again!"

"Hey!I have an idea!Why not go back to Lightning Cove,and catch those goons!",I said.

"That is a brilliant idea!",said John,Jack and Jo together.

But would Auntie Bess allow us to go?That was a problem.Auntie Bess had already been worried by John's tales and had almost forbidden us ever to go out alone again.Blow!

But suprisingly Auntie Bess said yes!It was a huge victory.We packed all our things and set off towards Lightning Cove on our bikes.Jo had just learnt how to manouvre her wheelchair most skilfully,and came as fast as us.She had been to the doctor,and the doctor said no fractures had been done,but she couldn't go on a bike just yet.Whenever I saw Jo's wheelchair I felt extremely proud.

We came to the little cave we came to last time.Our heather beds were still there,and was plenty of firewood.We made it better!John and Jack fixed up eight bulb lights on the top of the cave with a string.Jo and I made to little shelves and went and got tons of fruits and berries and and nuts and we also found a vegetable garden!

Quickly we took the wanted vegetables.When we went back to the cave our shelves were quite full!

Jack said"Lets go out.Its too boring.

We went out and had a glorious time . When we cme back we made ourselve some salad and went to bed . We were all tired out.



JO BEGINS TO BE VERY SURPRISING.

Suddenly something happened to Jo. She began to get peculiar aches. She suggested that she stayed at home and took care of Jerry when we wanted to go swim or play. It was very surprising.

(Very short chapter but there is more to come!)

THE FOUR J'S ON LIGHTNING COVE

CONFRONTING JO

"It's all very surprising , Jo,said John when we confronted her. "Why do you have aches? Why do you don't want to swim or play? What's up , old girl?"

"Nothing , " said Jo. "I just don't feel like swimming or playing any more and I don't know what you're talking about aches.

'Oh please , Jo, I said. "We're not buying it. Just tell us the truth because we really care about you. We want you to get better , Jo. So please tell the truth!!

"If there is not a truth a to tell, what shall I tell?", asked Jo.

Jack said ' Really ? So you're not going to tell us the truth . Well , I can't believe you Jo. You've sorely given us a lie and you think that you're fooling us. We don't care tuppence about your lies but we do care about you. Please Jo!! We're begging you. You know what you think? You think you fool us all the times . Let me tell you I know that somethings up with you since the day of your accident. We want to know if there is any connection. We can get you better , Jo! We care. So tell us."

John said " Jack is absoluetly right. Remember the night of your accident? We brought you back to the cave. We fed you. We made a bed for you first and then made one for ourselves. We made sure you were you were comfortable. Think about it.

Jo said" You'll all be angry with me . I know you will. I can't bring myself to tell the truth because I'm afraid of the result it will bring."

I said " Jo , whatever happens the decider of your fate is you. If we don't know the truth we won't have an idea about how to judge you. But if you do tell us the truth , we can decide your fate . But if you ever wantto change it you can change your fate. Haven't you heard the saying , "You can't change your life. But you can change your habits . And surely your habits will change the future.

Jo took a deep breath and said " I'm in league with those bad guys!!!"

THE FOUR J'S ON LIGHTNING COVE

JO'S SECRET

Jo burst into tears. We lookd at each other , not having a clue about what Jo was talking about. I told her , "Jo , to be perfectly clear we don't have a clue about what you're talking about!!"

Jo said , "Before my accident I met three bad guys named Larry , Charlie and Slacker. They asked me a few questions by tightening me to a corner. After I answered thm they said I had made a terrible mistake by coming up there. I already knew that . Then the head named Zeb came and when he heard their reports , he threw me on that mountain. When we came back here and they saw me when we were hunting for that lost ball , they threatened to kill me if I spread the word. They often hit me with a stone. That explains the aches. I couldn't come for swimming or playing bcause I was meeting them at those times. Is it clear?

THE FOUR J'S ON LIGHTNING COVE

A MISERABLE NIGHT

We felt annoyed at our hunger and had to go eat when we wanted to ask more. I made salad and fried bread and broth.

None of us said anything to one another. We all felt unhappy . Jo looked miserable. We were angry with her for betraying us for so long. It was a miserable night. I shut the door of the cave and we changed. We got into our beds and blew out the light.

None of us could sleep , thinking about the happenings. We tried to and we fell asleep after many many hours.

The next day I got up to make breakfast when I saw Jo going somewhere. I followed her.

She went toward a shack and knocked the door . They let her in.

THE FOUR J'S ON LIGHTINING COVE

BRAVO , JO!

I looked through the window and saw four men and thought they must be Zeb , Larry , Charlie and Slacker.

Zeb spoke " Why have you come today when we didn't send for you?

Jo replied" I have come because I want to quit!!

The four men gasped.

"What? " , spoke Larry in a sick voice. " What did you say?"

"I said I'm not interested anymore . I told my cousins about you. I'll put it in the newspaper and you'll be jailed!!

The four men  attacked Jo. She looked for a weapon. I enterd through the window and threw her a chain just in time . I took one myself and attacked Charlie and Larry. They attacked back.

The sounds woke up John and Jack and they woke up and followed the sounds , I guess because the very next moment they were there! They took ropes and tied the four men , for we had knocked them out cold.

Quickly we telephoned the police , and the came and captured the four men who were wanted for many months . We got a reward of twenty dirhams each!

It was just the beginning of spring and lightning cove stopped all it's wild mists and scary sounds , but instead began to grow beautiful flowers and sweet birds drank sweet songs. So we spent some more days there and we went back home.

ALL'S WELL IS WELL AGAIN!

We had a glorious time at lightining cove and when we came back we were rewarded with most wonderful gifts and presents for our bravery and the police took us to an aqua park!

With this wonderful adventure , we decided to mke this a book and call it " The four J's on lightning cove. "

2 comments: